It shall the the function of the senate to:
- Approve all university regulations on examinations
- Scheule all official University examinations
- Approve the appointment of exteranal Examiners and lay down conditions for such appointment
- Approve and publish all degree results
- Ensure the maintenance and security of Examination papers and scripts
- Receive reports on recommendations on degree Examination irregularities and misconduct from the senate Examination Commitee for decision / disposal action
- Advice Council on Examination fees
- Award degrees and such other qualifications for the award of Aegrotat degrees
- Make recommendations to council with respect to the award of any honorary degree or the title of professor Emeritus.
It shall be the function of the registrar to:
- Compile and publish, after matricaulatrion a list of registered students.
- Determine the eligibility of candidates for all examinations.
Issue admission to all eligible candidates in respect of final examinations such cards shall contain:
The Faculty Board of Examiners
- Student matriculation number
- Recent passport sized photograohs certified by the Head of Department and duly signed by the faculty officer.
- Publish final year result after approval by senate
- Complete and publish draft time table for University Examinations at least four weeks before the commencement.
- Arrange for the printing and issuance of serially numbered answered Booklets for official University Examinations.
- Compile and Publish instructions to invigilators
- Publish the names and particulars of all possible graduates at the end of the first semester of the final year.
- Compile and publish pass and failure list for final year list of final examinations in a Central Official University notice board.
- Issue statement of result and official transcripts to authorize bodied showing grades (not marks) in respect of all the campuses for which students are duly registered during the entire programme in the university
- Keep in his/her custody and issue certificates for allall degree, Diploma and Certificates courses passed and approved by senate.
It shall be the duty of the Faculty Board of Examiners under the chairmanship of the dean of faculty to:
The Dean of Faculty
- Moderate all University/ Faculty wide examinations papers.
- Consider nominations of external examiners from Departments and recommend same to senate to Faculty board.
- Consider on behalf of the Faculty Board of the Faculty concerned, the pass, failure or referral list from the Departmental Examinations Committee and advice senate through the faculty Board with in two weeks of the completion of the examination.
- Make recommendations of the Aegotat degree through the faculty Boards to Senate.
It shall be the be the duty of the Dean of Faculty to:
- Arrange for the security of University/ Faculty wide Examinations and materials including Answer booklets and examinations Attendance Register.
- Serve as Chairman of the Faculty Examinations Board
- Appoint a faculty Examinations officer to the recommendations of the various Heads of Department.
- Appoint all the invigilators in the faculty on the recommendations of the various Heads of Department.
- Keep custody of the draft and moderated examination papers for University /Faculty wide courses.
- See to the procurement, control and disbursement of examination materials required by his/her faculty.
- Carry out general supervisory roles over all activities related to the conduct and administration of examinations in the faculty
- Receive report from the chief Invigilator or any examination malpractice/ misconduct or irregularities in all the examinations’ conducted in his/her Faculty and ensure prompt treatment of such cases by examinations committee of senate.
The Departmental Examinations Committee
It shall be the function of the Departmental Examinations Committee to:
- Consider moderate and approve question papers submitted to the Head Department by internal examiners (course lecturers) from 100 level to 300/400 level examinations, to consider, moderate and approve draft question papers to be moderate and approve draft question papers to be moderate by the external examiner.
- Recommend to the Head of Department the appointment of External Examiners.
- Make recommendations of the faculty Board of Examiners about any special cases.
- Make recommendations on the award of Aegrotat degree to the Faculty Board of Examiners.
- Carry out any other activities related to the conduct and administration may be prescribed by the Faculty Board examiners.
The Head of Department
It shall be the function of the Head of Departmental Examinations to:
- Serve as the chairman if the Departmental Examinations Committee
- Appoint the Departmental Examinations Officer form among members of his’/her academic staff, normally not less than the rank of a senior Lecturer
- Keep custody of all examination papers and moderated questions and ensure that they are not made known to any unauthorized persons.
- Make requisition for , and take charge of all examination materials obtained form the Dean of the faculty and/or the Registrar.
- Recommend to the Dean the appointment of invigilators for all examinations in the department.
- Ensure the compliance of all internal examiners with the rules regarding the setting and moderating of question papers and the marking of examination scripts and the computation of the results therefore.
- Ensure compliance with all rules regarding eligibility of students during such examinations.
The Departmental Examination Officer
It shall be the function of the Departmental Examinations Officer:
- Serve as a liaison officer between the internal Examiners (course lecturers and course co-ordinators) and the departmental Board.
- Prepare the Departmental/ Faculty Time table for each examination
- Collect at the end of each examination answer scripts from the chief invigilator and assign them to internal examiners for marking of scripts and collate all scores for each examinations from internal and external examiners and process, compute and compile them for presentation to the Departmental Faculty board of Examiners through the Head Department.
- Perform any other activities in relation to the setting, conduct and processing of examination results in the Departmental/ Faculty as may be prescribed by the head of Departmental/ Faculty Examination board.